Wishing we were on Boriquen with all of our family

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lent and this week's lessons

For the first Sunday of Lent, our family discussed during dinner what it means and what we are giving up for Lent. I am giving up my beloved red wine, my dh is not going to purchase anything from itunes, and my ds is giving up burger king and crumpling paper. We really don't go there often but at 7 yo I guess this is the best I can get. Now I got to work on what we are going to give.
As for our schedule this week, I have grand plans:
Our theme is rain and form drawing.
I am armed with one really good poem, a lesson plan from Learn to Move Move to Learn book, and a few stories; Noah ark, Winnie the Pooh; piglet is completely surrounded by water, Horton hatches an egg, and Songs of El Coqui.
Our schedule will hopefully follow something like this:
Monday: play dough w/ therapeutic listening, LtM MtL lesson plan, snack, Right start math, lunch, walk, (dd nap), read out loud, library when dd wakes up, painting w/ tl.
Tuesday: simon says, poem, play dough w/ tl, form drawing, walk, snack, Right start math, lunch, OT, read out loud
Wednesday: recycling & trash out, poem, Play dough w/ tl, form drawing, snack, indoor movement/game, ds goes to school for 1/2 day, read out loud
Thursday: mercury's dance, poem, play dough w/ tl, form drawing, snack, free play, right start math, lunch, walk, dd nap, read out loud, bird feeder project w/ tl
Friday: ds all day @ school
Maybe this might just work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment