Wishing we were on Boriquen with all of our family

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Math issues with possible solutions

Sorry no photos. Our camera is still MIA and of course I haven't bought another one.
We are in the middle of our math block. Ds did well with addition and subtraction, but is having having a little problem with multiplication even though it's his favorite squirrel. It's totally my method. It's not moving and he's resisting.
After researching, reading and thinking, I think I have the solution. I have to tap into his imagination. I need to make the forest come to life inside (due to the fact that it's cold and icy outside). Thankfully we are big collectors and I have just enough pine cones to help create our forest. The only thing I need are the squirrels. I know, I know. This should have been ironed out before we started. This is what happens when you jump in with out a lot of preparation. Wish us luck.
It worked. Significantly less complaining. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment