Wishing we were on Boriquen with all of our family

Friday, March 12, 2010

Week 2 Language Arts - All cracked up

We finished another week of LA with a central theme about eggs. Our maine story took place on the Misty Mountain where Denver Dog and Gabby Goose argued about nothing. In the middle of the argument, Gabby's Egg rolled out of the nest and down the mountain and landed in Randy Rabbit's hole. Of course the story I told to ds was a lot more entertaining and fun. He always enjoys animal sounds. Here are some of the photos:


This weeks we focused on m, d, g, e and r.





















Here is ds's m and d words.














Of course an e drawing by ds.



















I've read that a few people were having trouble teaching ds's to knit. I knew that with all of our issues that my ds would react the same way to me teaching him to knit. So I convince dh to teach him knots. I am hoping that once he has more confidence in his hands, ds will take to knitting easier. He learns 1/week and practices it on 4 different things/day (rubber bands, demin, string, ribbon, plastic just to name a few).



Our favorite books from this week are Silly Goose by Marni McGee and An Egg is Quiet by Dianna Aston. I am soo going to go broke from a book addiction.









No comments:

Post a Comment